Who We Are
The Outreach Center is a community-based, 501 (c) (3), nonprofit, relief organization serving Burke and its surrounding counties in Western North Carolina through our food distribution, education, and Community Food Bank programs.
To assist disadvantaged citizens to rise above circumstances and improve their quality of life.
- To nourish the body
- To educate the mind
- To nurture the heart
- To collaborate with our community
Our Objectives & Programs
- Provide free, nourishing groceries to assist hungry families weekly through our Outreach Food Distribution program.
- Provide free diapers to infants and toddlers who struggle with unmet diaper need.
- Provide free adult education and GED preparation through our Fresh Start Education program.
- Provide career employment skills training and on-the-job training through our Workforce Development program.
- Provide food and toiletry items to assist non-profit organizations, homeless shelters and children's homes through our Community Food Bank program.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The Outreach Center respects and provides services and opportunities for volunteerism for all persons, regardless of their race, age, sex, ethnic background, or political, sexual, or religious orientation.
CLICK HERE to read a message from our CEO, Holly Johnson.